Solid Cellular Foam technology, a solid emulated
wood look and feel painted shutter profile with many great features
and benefits …and cost savings.
Thanks to Polywood Shutters, you can now enjoy plantation
style window coverings that look just like our elegant
timber shutters and yet have far more features and benefits.
Unlike some of the cheaper timber shutters on offer
(which are mainly imported Basswood or Poplar Tree woods),
Polywood will not split or chip.
Our Polycell-Core insulates three times better than
Aluminum, is easy to clean and maintain, and is moisture-
and limited fire-resistant ( see spec sheets). This unique shutter features solid
core extruded components, making it the far stronger
and more durable than a wood shutter.
* Quality custom-built, fully framed and
* Superb light, noise and temperature control
* Increases the value of any home or project
* Polywood shutter blades are securely glued into their
operating mechanism as an integral component ensuring
the highest integrity of the system.
* No Stick or tilt rod ! No staples to work their way
loose, no tension rod or screws to work loose, no unsightly
stick to detract from the view, less moving parts means
less to fail.
* Polywood doesn't absorb moisture.
* Polywood never needs to be repainted but can be painted
any colour as required.
* Polywood Poly- Core shutters solid core make them as straight
as an arrow…an important consideration in comparing
low quality softwood timber shutters.
* Interior Polywood Shutters are more durable and resistant to
the environment. They can be installed in locations
where low quality wood shutters can't such as bathrooms,
over kitchen sinks, or other humid or hot environments.
Plus, if they are subjected to weather (for example,
if you forget to close the window in a rainstorm) they
will not be damaged.
* Compliant with both low flammability index requirements
for high rise residential use and smoke indices required
for commercial installations.( see spec sheet to satisfy your local compliance)
* Polywood can be cleaned effortlessly with a damp cloth without
having to worry about the paint finish being damaged.
(See Care & Maintenance sheet).
* Polywood is environmentally friendly as it is 100%
* Polywood is termite (white ant) proof.
* Polywood has an energy co efficiency rating of 2.
The cellular construction is barely seen by the naked
eye but has proven thermal and structural advantages
over hollow Vinyl. Vinyl shutters have the lowest insulating
value of any shutters in the shutter market.
* Vinyl shutters appear transparent under bright light
compared to solid Polywood.
* Vinyl feels cheap. A vinyl shutter is very light in
weight and doesn’t appear to have any substance
compared to the structure of Polywood.
* Polywood has a harder material surface compared to
vinyl, reducing the likelihood of scratches and dents.
* Polywood is able to be constructed within an Aluminium
frame to offer even higher integrity and security.
* Our Colors have been developed to match our standard
Satin White Aluminium and Cedar line which means that
you may choose an installation to suit the application
per room or circumstance.